Essity, manufacturer of the Tork range of hygiene products, is dedicated to delivering urgent supplies and helping to protect the vulnerable during the COVID-19 crisis. The company has streamlined its output and is now focusing on manufacturing those items that are in greatest demand, while working hard to safeguard the health of its employees and customers.
In this new reality we live in, Essity’s priority is that we all stay safe to carry on. This means going the extra mile to work together, supporting those people working on the frontlines.
Essity has donated $200,000 to the United Nations Foundation to support the World Health Organization's work to prevent, detect, and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as finding a vaccine. Through working with the Private Organizations for Patient Safety (POPS) and local governments, Essity is prioritising the supply of products to healthcare customers.
Alongside these global contributions, Essity is supporting hospitals and healthcare in many countries with a number of new initiatives:
- In the UK, Essity has donated 100,000 toilet rolls and household towels to the product charity In Kind Direct, which distributes new, donated consumer goods from manufacturers and retailers to over 5,000 charities and community groups across the UK.
- Essity’s Swedish R&D department has been able to start producing face masks for visitors and, in collaboration with the Swedish government, is now able to make a higher-grade mask that will be used in healthcare. The ambition is to initially produce three million surgical masks, with the first million being donated by Essity.
- In Italy, Essity has donated 51,600 items of Personal Protective Equipment – including masks, gloves and glasses – to support local hospitals.
- Close to 17,000 rolls of Tork paper rolls have been donated to the American Red Cross, as well as to Albany-based Living Resources, an agency that provides housing and other essentials to people with disabilities.
- 44 pallets of baby diapers and feminine protection products have been sent to help refugee communities in Lesvos, Greece.
Essity’s Tork brand has uploaded information about protecting yourself and others from COVID-19 on its Tork website. To find out more about keeping safe to carry on, visit: https://www.tork.co.uk/torkcampaigns/corona-virus
The Tork brand offers professional hygiene products and services to customers worldwide ranging from restaurants and healthcare facilities to offices, schools and industries. Our products include dispensers, paper towels, toilet tissue, soap, napkins, wipers, but also software solutions for data-driven cleaning. Through expertise in hygiene, functional design and sustainability, Tork has become a market leader that supports customers to think ahead so they’re always ready for business. Tork is a global brand of Essity, and a committed partner to customers in over 110 countries. To keep up with the latest Tork news and innovations, please visit www.tor.co.uk
Essity is a leading global hygiene and health company dedicated to improving well-being through products and services, essentials for everyday life. The name Essity stems from the words essentials and necessities. Our sustainable business model creates value for people and nature. Sales are conducted in approximately 150 countries under the leading global brands TENA and Tork, and other strong brands, such as JOBST, Leukoplast, Libero, Libresse, Lotus, Nosotras, Saba, Tempo, Vinda and Zewa. Essity has about 47,000 employees and net sales in 2018 amounted to approximately SEK 118.5bn (EUR 11.6bn). The headquarters is located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. In the UK and Republic of Ireland, Essity has around 1,500 employees across eleven sites, including six tissue production mills. Its regional brands include Bodyform, Cushelle, Velvet and Plenty. For more information visit www.essity.co.uk