Linde Material Handling has opened its first distribution centre in Brno, Czech Republic supplying spare parts for Linde trucks to accommodate the growing demand for product availability across Central and Eastern Europe.
The new centre ensures next day delivery to more than 500 service technicians and customer sites and aims to achieve 95% product availability for more than 20,000 items. Linde has committed to delivering the remaining 5% of products within 48 hours after an order has been placed, with products being transported from the company's main warehouse in Aschaffenburg, Germany.
As part of their global expansion strategy aimed at the fastest growing countries in Central and Eastern Europe, Linde has also launched a customer service centre in Xiamen, China alongside the new regional logistics centre in Brno.
Christophe Lautray, Linde's chief sales officer said: "We are expanding our global service presence to be nearer to our customers and extend the availability of their industrial trucks."
Christoph Hotopp, head of sales and service operations said: "Supplying our spare parts quickly is a major deciding factor for our customers so the creation of the new distribution centre lays the necessary foundations for this.
"We're dedicated to supply more Central and Eastern European countries via Brno in the next two years and increase the distribution of our products further."