Andrew Page, the UK automotive parts, tools and equipment distributor, has cut accidents and reduced speeding by 97% after implementing a telematics system from Masternaut.
Andrew Page implemented Masternaut Connect across its 900-vehicle fleet to improve overall vehicle and driver performance, reduce CO2 emissions, improve MPG, and increase efficiency. The system was implemented after a trial period in Birmingham delivered a 47% reduction in harsh events and a 7.1% improvement in MPG.
Since installation, Andrew Page has seen driver behaviour scores improve greatly across the fleet, with 98% of drivers in the green, and the remaining 2% in amber. As a result, accidents have been reduced and are continuing to fall month-on-month, improving driver safety, vastly minimising road risk and improving staff welfare. Instances of speeding across the fleet have reduced by 97% in six months.
The system is a part of Andrew Page's accident reduction programme, with data provided by Masternaut helping to address driver behaviour. The programme identifies drivers and regions of high risk, understanding what those risks are and then educating drivers on how to eliminate risks on the road. Masternaut Connect tracks multiple driver behaviours, including speeding, harsh braking, harsh acceleration, harsh cornering and more. Masternaut Connect scores drivers using a traffic light system, with those in the green rated as good drivers with few to zero instances of speeding or harsh driving events, whilst those in red have several instances of speeding or harsh driving events.
Masternaut Connect helps investigate any accidents that do happen, and can be used to look into the circumstances that may have cause the incident, such as speeding and harsh driving events. It scores drivers using a traffic light system, with those in the green rated as good drivers with few to zero instances of speeding or harsh driving events, whilst those in red have several instances of speeding or harsh driving events.
Overall fleet fuel efficiency has seen a major improvement as a result of improved driver behaviour, and better efficiency and scheduling. The average vehicle MPG rating has increased from 48 to 52.5, helping Andrew Page to save money on fuel costs.
Stuart Wiseman, Group Fleet Manager, Andrew Page said, "At Andrew Page, we take our duty of care very seriously and are committed to providing our drivers with a safe working environment. Central to this is our accident reduction programme and ongoing driver training, the data for which has been driven by Masternaut Connect.
"Since implementation we've seen a big reduction in accidents, which is still continuing to reduce further month-by-month. The data provided by Masternaut Connect has been a major part in the way we've been able to tackle driver safety, providing ongoing feedback to our drivers based on their driving behaviour. We've now got 98% of our drivers rated as being safe drivers and this improvement in driving style is ensuring that we're helping our staff get home safely."
Steve Towe, Chief Commercial Officer and UK Managing Director, Masternaut added, "Staff welfare and road safety is high on the agenda for many fleets, especially after the Department of Transport revealed a 6% rise in road casualties in 2014. Working with Andrew Page, telematics has helped to assist in the reduction of accidents across the fleet, through continuous driver behaviour improvements and coaching. Telematics is not just a track and trace tool, but provides wider benefits in safety, compliance, efficiency improvements and ensuring duty of care."