A new annual awards event 'Talent in Logistics' dedicated solely to recognising and celebrating professionals in training, learning and development in transport, warehousing and logistics officially has been launched.
Taking place on 22nd June 2017 in Telford, West Midlands, the Talent in Logistics Awards will reward individuals, who are often overlooked by other accolades in the industry, despite being key to the current and future success of logistics in UK and Ireland.
With 2.2 million people in the UK working in transport, warehousing and logistics, and thousands more needed to support the growth of the sector, providing professional development and staff recognition has never been more important. It is vital that organisations address skills, training and career progression to retain exceptional staff, and attract new employees.
The Talent in Logistics Awards 2017 recognise and celebrate the skills and hard work of the people in the logistics industry. From trainers and Learning and Development (L&D) Managers, to LGV drivers and apprentices, HR Managers to Logistics Managers, these unique awards will reward the people that keep the country moving. They are the only accolades completely dedicated to the people that work hard to make the logistics, transport and warehousing sectors a success.
It is free to enter the awards online and winning will enable organisations to visibly demonstrate their commitment to quality training to existing and potential employees, as well as their industry peers. Recognising the exceptional work of staff with this well-regarded award will also help companies to support recruitment and encourage employee retention whilst improving team morale.
There are 18 Talent in Logistics Award categories, which are:
- Training/Learning and Development Manager of the Year
- Training Programme of the Year
- Training Team of the Year
- Health and Safety Manager of the Year
- Health and Safety Trainer of the Year
- Transport Manager of the Year
- LGV Instructor of the Year – sponsored by National Register of LGV Instructors
- Driver CPC Instructor of the Year
- Driver CPC Training Provider of the Year
- LGV Driver Training Provider of the Year
- LGV Driver of the Year
- Materials Handling Equipment Training Provider of the Year
- Warehouse Manager of the Year
- Warehouse Operative of the Year
- Apprentice of the Year
- Lift Truck Instructor of the Year
- International Forklift Operator of the Year – sponsored by UniCarriers
- Lifetime Contribution to Training and Development in Logistics
The winners of the inaugural Talent in Logistics Awards will be announced during a celebratory dinner at the Telford International Centre, on the evening of the 22nd June 2017. As well as a deluxe three course dinner and entertainment, the event will also offer learning and development professionals a unique opportunity to socialise and network with their peers.